[twocol_one]Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd March, 2013
The Inter City Hotel, Belmont
After many successful events in the eastern states, ATSS is excited to be holding the 2013 Family Conference in Perth, Western Australia.
This is a unique opportunity for families from Western Australia to come together to learn more about TSC and connect with each other. Speakers will include medical doctors and other professionals covering a range of topics including the latest research, new treatment options, neurology, autism, kidneys, skin, and services available to help people of all ages living with Tuberous Sclerosis.
Update: Registration has now closed. If you would like to attend please Contact ATSS as soon as possible.
- Prof Petrus deVries, Prof Petrus deVries, the Sue Streungmann Chair in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, The University of Cape Town, South Africa. Petrus is the world’s leading researcher into the psychiatric, cognitive and behavioural aspects of TSC. Petrus will present on the latest findings into the causes and treatment options for these aspects of TSC.
- Prof Lakshmi Nagarajan, paediatric neurologist at Princess Margaret Hospital. Lakshmi will provide an overview of the neurological signs and symptoms of TSC, surveillance guidelines and treatment options.
- Ms Clare Stuart, project manager at ATSS. Clare will provide an overview of the global work in TSC Research, including past achievements and future research directions.
- Dr David Ravine, clinical geneticist with the Genetics Service of WA. David will explain the genetics of TSC, incuding the role of genetic testing and how to access genetics services.
- Dr Rachael Foster, dermatologist. Rachael will explain the treatment options for the various skin signs of TSC, including up to date information about research into a topical cream to treat facial angiofibromas.
- Ms Tina Furse, epilepsy nurse at Epilepsy Action Australia. Tina will discuss services available to people living with epilepsy, including education, seizure management plans and much more.
- Dr Hemant Kulkarni, nephrologist. Hemant will provide an overview of how TSC can affect the kidneys at various ages and provide information on recommended surveillance and available treatments.
How do I apply for a travel grant?
You will need to appply for a travel grant when you register for the conference. If you are relying on a travel grant to attend the conference you can contact us for prior approval.
No travel grants are available for families travelling from New Zealand. This is because the travel grant funding was provided by the Australian Government and only covers travel for Australians. ATSS are planning for the 2014 Conference to be in New Zealand.
Travel grant recipients must attend both days of the conference. Grants are awarded at the discretion of the ATSS committee.
How much will be paid?
The following travel grant amounts are a guideline only, as it is difficult to consider every person’s individual circumstances. Exceptions can be made, so please indicate estimated travel costs in your registration or contact ATSS to discuss. We do not want financial hardship to be the reason that you cannot attend the conference.
- South Australia – $350 per peron
- Northern Territory – $450 per person
- Regional Western Australia, travelling by car – $150 per person
- Regional Western Australia, travelling by air – $450 per person
- Other states and territories – upon consideration of your travel expenses
The grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis until funding has been fully allocated. If funding is not fully allocated before the conference, grant amounts may be increased.
We will pay you the grant amount by cheque at or after the conference, upon presentation of receipts for travel, fuel or accommodation expenses. The grant amount refers to a maximum grant amount that will be paid i.e. the amount paid will be the lower of either the grant amount and the expenses incurred.
You will still be responsible for payment of registration fees ($55 per person).
249-263 Great Eastern Highway,
Perth WA 6104
Ph: +61 8 9478 0888
F: +61 8 9478 0800
If you require childcare during the conference, please tell us when you register. We will do our best to find a suitable carer.
2013 ATSS Conference
Belmont, WA 6104
|Saturday and Sunday||$75.00|
|Saturday and Sunday, including conference dinner ($60pp)||$135.00|
|Saturday only, including conference dinner ($60pp)||$105.00|
|Sunday only, including conference dinner ($60pp)||$105.00|