Lizzie’s Lunch is our major annual fundraising event held in Sydney. Funds raised provide vital support for TSA’s Education and Information Services which offers a variety of supports for people living with tuberous sclerosis throughout Australia.
Lizzie Pinkerton was a vibrant young girl with a cheeky sense of humour. She lived with Tuberous Sclerosis (TSC) and associated polycystic kidney disease that ended her life in 2010. Sue Pinkerton (Lizzie’s Mum) and Clare Stuart (Lizzie’s sister) organise Lizzie’s Lunch each year to remember Lizzie and the impact of her life on all those who knew and loved her.
Save the date for Lizzies Lunch 2020, Sunday June 14.
The 6th annual Lizzie’s Lunch was held on Sunday 2 June 2019 at Hills Lodge. It was a fantastic event that was made possible thanks to the extraordinary efforts and dedication of Lizzie’s mum, Sue Pinkerton. But there were many people who came together to make it a special day. Thanks also to our fantastic MC Ron Wilson, parent speakers Natalie and Mark with their gorgeous boy Sammy, and our hard-working volunteers Paul, Tom, Ellie, Sam, Nina and Deb.
And of course, thank you to all the generous guests in the room who raised a record $22,000.
We are grateful to all our generous donors and supporters and hope you will join us again this year.
Where will the money go?
The TSC Information Service is often the only place a family affected by TSC can get the information and support they need. Our staff and volunteers help people by providing:
- emotional support;
- information on how to manage life with TSC;
- answers to specific questions about TSC, including about tests and medical procedures;
- information about health services that know about TSC including members of our TSC Professionals Network;
- how to find other organisations and resources that can help you in your life with TSC.
The funds raised at Lizzie’s Lunch 2019 will help TSA host a medical and family conference to provide vital updates about TSC, new treatments and current clinical trials. It will also bring together individuals living with TSC and experts in the field.
How can you help?
We’d love you to get involved with Lizzie’s Lunch, here are some ideas for how you can help:
- Ask businesses to donate their products or services as raffle or auction items
- Donate bottles of wine for the mystery wine wall
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Volunteer to help prepare for the event
- Most importantly, people to attend Lizzie’s Lunch. Come along and enjoy the day.
Email [email protected] to get involved. Or call Kate on 04434 391 430.