The 10th and final Lizzie’s Lunch fundraising event was held on Sunday 25 June 2023 at the Hills Lodge, Castle Hill supporting TSA (Tuberous Sclerosis Australia). This great event celebrated the life of Elizabeth Pinkerton and raised much needed funds for the organisation that is part of her legacy, TSA.
Lizzie’s mum, Sue Pinkerton has hosted this special lunch event each year for the past 10 years. TSA wish to thank Sue for her incredible efforts inspiring so much support from her community to help families impacted by TSC. Just over $22,300 was raised in 2023, bringing the total raised to more than $157,000 since its inception in 2014.
Lizzie’s Lunches have made a huge difference to the information and support services that are available to people living with this devastating rare disease.
If you’d like to know more about setting up and running an event like this, please read this article: Lizzie’s Lunch Reach Out October 2021
Lizzie Pinkerton was a vibrant young woman with a cheeky sense of humour. She lived with TSC and associated polycystic kidney disease that ended her life in 2010. Sue Pinkerton (Lizzie’s Mum) and her family organise Lizzie’s Lunch each year to remember Lizzie and the impact of her life on all those who knew and loved her.
How can you help?
While we won’t be running another Lizzie’s Lunch event there are still lot of ideas for how you can help support our work:
- Make a donation. Please click here to donate
- Ask businesses to donate their products or services as raffle or auction items for our Comedy for a Cure fundraising event
- Convert your frequent flyer points to a shopping vouchers that TSA can use as a prize at an upcoming events
- Donate bottles of wine for a mystery wine wall at an upcoming event
- Sponsor an event or help introduce us to a Corporate Sponsor
- Volunteer to help us prepare and run a fundraising event
- Organise your own fundraising event
To get involved please contact us.