TSA is offering two further zoom education events this year. These online events are free to TSA members (click here to sign up now if you are not currently a member) but you MUST REGISTER.
Neurodevelopmental disorders in TSC children
Wednesday 30th September, Dr Vanessa Sarkozy
7pm ACT/NSW/QLD/TAS/VIC | 6.30pm NT/SA | 4pm WA
- the surveillance, screening and diagnosis of neurodevelopment disorders in TSC children,
- optimising access to early intervention and support, and
- how to plan and access support through the NDIS or community services.
Legal planning for during your lifetime and after your death
Wednesday 14th October, Anne Cregan, Partner, Gilbert + Tobin
6pm ACT/NSW/TAS/VIC | 5.30pm SA | 5pm QLD | 4.30pm NT | 3pm WA
Get your ducks in a row and make sure you know about:
- Powers of Attorney
- Appointments of Enduring Guardianship
- Guardianship Orders
- Financial Management Orders
- Wills and Trusts, including Special Disability Trusts
In clear and accessible language Anne Cregan will explain what each of these are, when they come into effect, when they cease to be in effect, what types of decisions they relate to, and other issues you need to consider when thinking about your legal planning.
Some of the questions Anne will cover include:
- What is a Power of Attorney? Who can make it? When does it start and end? What can your Attorney do? Who should be your Attorney?
- What is a Financial Management Order? When can it be made? Who can apply for it? Who can be the financial manager? How long does it last?
- What is an Appointment of Enduring Guardian? Who can make it? When does it start and end? What limits are placed on a guardian?
- What is a Guardianship Order? How is it made? Who can be your guardian? How long does it last?
- What is a Will? What happens if you don’t make one? Can it say who I want to look after my children? Can I give gifts to a person with impaired capacity? Can it set up a trust for a person who can’t take care of money?
- What is a Trust? What do trustees do? What should you consider when selecting a trustee? What are Special Disability Trusts and their advantages? Should you consider a Special Disability Trust?