Join our tongue twister challenge and have some fun while raising awareness for TSC.
Send us your videos of you trying to say this ologist tongue twister – or make up your own! Email us at [email protected] or share on socials (just tag us @AuTSC)
TSA will be presenting a $100 Event Cinema Gold Class gift voucher to the winning ‘tongue-ologist’ at the close of our TSC Community Conference.
If you want to raise some funds too, you could donate $1 to TSA every time you trip over your tongue – get your family and friends to try it too!
Here is a video of our fundraiser Kate attempting the challenge.
$50 allows us to answer a single support or information request
Our TSC Information Service provides free advice to those affected by TSC. One call from a family about the importance of early diagnosis and intervention treatments and how to access them can change their child’s life.
$100 allows an individual with TSC or their carer to attend an information event
Our virtual and face to face events provide an opportunity for people affected by TSC to learn more about the disease and meet other people living with TSC. These connections can be life-changing and can help to reduce the sense of isolation.
$250 allows us to update one of our medical information pages
Our medical information pages are the only source of accurate TSC information tailored to the needs of TSC patients and their families in Australia. The significant achievements of TSC research mean that these information pages require regular revision.
Your donation today will help us continue to provide our trusted information and support services for free to everyone affected by TSC by:
- Maintaining this website, the only online source of accurate and up to date TSC information in Australia
- Publishing and printing our magazine Reach Out twice a year
- Providing a TSC Nurse service offering telehealth phone and email support
- Organising and hosting educational events online for everyone in Australia
- Advocating for improved services and treatment for families affected by TSC
- Ensuring TSC affected individuals have access to all the latest global research and advancements in TSC.
Our donors have enabled TSA to champion many life-changing projects in Australia including:
- Publishing a picture book to help children understand TSC
- Funding an Australian clinical trial into a new medicine for TSC skin tumours (angiofibromas)
- Creating New Diagnosis Parachute Packs for families receiving a new diagnosis of TSC
- Development of a SEALS Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory, the first laboratory in Australia to offer genetic testing for TSC
- Launching the In Safe Hands Education Resources to help teachers and educators understand how TSC may affect how a child learns.
- mTOR inhibitor medicines for TSC added to the PBS (Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).TSA led the consumer advocacy project to help decision makers understand the impact this medicine can have on those living with TSC.
To find out more about how your donations make a difference, click here to read our latest annual report.
The vast majority of your contributions go directly to providing these important services and research. Much of our work is done by volunteers, working in their homes. This keeps our costs low, and ensures your money goes directly to support people living with TSC. Your support, however big or small, is greatly appreciated.