Do something fun and get a tattoo to raise awareness and funds for tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC).
Don’t worry, they’re just temporary!
You can join this year’s TSC Global Awareness Day celebrations by joining our #Tatts4TSC campaign. Now in its second year, #Tatts4TSC provides TSC families a simple and easy way to raise awareness about this rare disease and have some fun while fundraising to support TSA’s work.
Getting involved is easy:
- Talk to your workplace about holding a gold coin morning tea on 15 May. Or you could host an event at home with friends and family, playgroup or school.
- Register your event here or contact Kate on 0434 391 430.
- Send an email to your colleagues or friends letting them know what’s happening and when.
- On May 15, decorate the event space with posters we will supply, take your collection tin and temporary tattoos and talk to your colleagues and friends about TSC and why we need their help.
- Donate the funds raised to TSA by making a direct deposit to our bank account, send a cheque or donate online using a credit card.
Everyone who registers an event gets twenty free temporary tattoos to share with their supporters to raise awareness about TSC. Get in quick to secure yours.
If the Cancer Council can raise millions each year through The Biggest Morning Tea – surely we can raise awareness for TSC and a few dollars too with some gold coin collections around Australia.
Why the wave?
You’ll notice our temporary tattoo design features a wave. People living with TSC liken their journey to riding waves. There are highs and lows and unpredictable tides that threaten to tow you under. We believe that even though we often can’t control the TSC waves, we can learn to surf.
Everyone who supports #Tatts4TSC can wear their temporary tattoo with pride, knowing they’ve helped someone with TSC learn to ride the waves.
You can still join us by purchasing a temporary tattoo. Individual tattoos are prices at two for $10 (including postage) or buy five for $20. Or make a donation to support our work in celebration of TSC Global Awareness Day.
#Tatts4TSC is an initiative inspired by TSC Global Awareness Day. 1 million people worldwide have tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). There is no cure, but research is helping find new and better treatments. We won’t give up the fight until we have a cure. This year join the worldwide fight on Global Awareness Day, Tuesday 15 May.