Thank you for your interest in making a donation to improve the lives of people impacted by the devastating rare disease, Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). The success of TSA’s work relies on the generosity of your donations, fundraising and support. Your support will help our mission to inform, empower and connect the TSC Community in Australia.
$50 allows us to answer a single support or information request
Our TSC Information Service provides free advice to those affected by TSC. One call from a family about the importance of early diagnosis and intervention treatments and how to access them can change their child’s life.
$100 allows an individual with TSC or their carer to attend an information event
Our virtual and face to face events provide an opportunity for people affected by TSC to learn more about the disease and meet other people living with TSC. These connections can be life-changing and can help to reduce the sense of isolation.
$250 allows us to update one of our medical information pages
Our medical information pages are the only source of accurate TSC information tailored to the needs of TSC patients and their families in Australia. The significant achievements of TSC research mean that these information pages require regular revision.
Your donation today will help us continue to provide our trusted information and support services for free to everyone affected by TSC by:
- Maintaining this website, the only online source of accurate and up to date TSC information in Australia
- Publishing and printing our magazine Reach Out twice a year
- Providing a TSC Nurse service offering telehealth phone and email support
- Organising and hosting educational events online for everyone in Australia
- Advocating for improved services and treatment for families affected by TSC
- Ensuring TSC affected individuals have access to all the latest global research and advancements in TSC.
Our donors have enabled TSA to champion many life-changing projects in Australia including:
- Publishing a picture book to help children understand TSC
- Funding an Australian clinical trial into a new medicine for TSC skin tumours (angiofibromas)
- Creating New Diagnosis Parachute Packs for families receiving a new diagnosis of TSC
- Development of a SEALS Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory, the first laboratory in Australia to offer genetic testing for TSC
- Launching the In Safe Hands Education Resources to help teachers and educators understand how TSC may affect how a child learns.
Advocating for mTOR inhibitor medicines for TSC added to the PBS (Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).
To find out more about how your donations make a difference, click here to read our latest annual report.
The vast majority of your contributions go directly to providing these important services and research. Much of our work is done by volunteers, working in their homes. This keeps our costs low, and ensures your money goes directly to support people living with TSC. Your support, however big or small, is greatly appreciated.
Meet Kate, TSA’s Fundraiser
Hi! I’m Kate Garrard and I’ve been working at TSA for over 3 years.
Please reach out if you need any assistance or have any questions about donating to TSA.
I’d love to hear from you and help you make a difference in the lives of families facing the challenges of life with TSC.
email: [email protected] or phone: 0434 391 430