Thank you for helping celebrate TSC Global Awareness Day in 2021 by making a donation to Tuberous Sclerosis Australia.
Your donation will make a difference for everyone living with TSC in Australia so please give generously if you can.
$50 allows us to answer a single support or information request
Our TSC Information Service provides free advice to those affected by TSC. One call from a family about the importance of early diagnosis and intervention treatments and how to access them can change their child’s life.
$100 allows an individual with TSC or their carer to attend an information event
Our virtual and face to face events provide an opportunity for people affected by TSC to learn more about the disease and meet other people living with TSC. These connections can be life-changing and can help to reduce the sense of isolation.
$250 allows us to update one of our medical information pages
Our medical information pages are the only source of accurate TSC information tailored to the needs of TSC patients and their families in Australia. The significant achievements of TSC research mean that these information pages require regular revision.
Your donation today will help us continue to provide our trusted information and support services for free to everyone affected by TSC by:
- Maintaining this website, the only online source of accurate and up to date TSC information in Australia
- Publishing and printing our magazine Reach Out twice a year
- Providing a TSC Nurse service offering telehealth phone and email support
- Organising and hosting educational events online for everyone in Australia
- Advocating for improved services and treatment for families affected by TSC
- Ensuring TSC affected individuals have access to all the latest global research and advancements in TSC.
Our donors have enabled TSA to champion many life-changing projects in Australia including:
- Publishing a picture book to help children understand TSC
- Funding an Australian clinical trial into a new medicine for TSC skin tumours (angiofibromas)
- Creating New Diagnosis Parachute Packs for families receiving a new diagnosis of TSC
- Development of a SEALS Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory, the first laboratory in Australia to offer genetic testing for TSC
- Launching the In Safe Hands Education Resources to help teachers and educators understand how TSC may affect how a child learns.
- mTOR inhibitor medicines for TSC added to the PBS (Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).TSA led the consumer advocacy project to help decision makers understand the impact this medicine can have on those living with TSC.
To find out more about how your donations make a difference, click here to read our latest annual report.
The vast majority of your contributions go directly to providing these important services and research. Much of our work is done by volunteers, working in their homes. This keeps our costs low, and ensures your money goes directly to support people living with TSC. Your support, however big or small, is greatly appreciated.
Yes, I want to make a donation to help families living with Tuberous Sclerosis.
Donations are non-refundable contributions to Tuberous Sclerosis Australia Incorporated. Please contact us if you require more information.
Other ways you can help families living with Tuberous Sclerosis
Our members make an annual financial contribution and have a say in how Tuberous Sclerosis Australia is run. Membership is open to anyone and includes hundreds of families and health professionals around Australia.Sign up today and receive a free copy of Reach Out.
Our TSC heroes sign up to participating in personal challenges while seeking donations from friends and family. Sign up today and receive a free TSC Hero t-shirt.
You can make a contribution through donating your time and expertise to TSA. Short and long term opportunities available.
We’re so lucky to have people willing to walk, run, bake, shave and much more for TSA. Join in an activity run by someone else or come up with your own activity. Our fundraisers are known as TSC Heroes and have collectively raised over $100,000. You too can be a Hero for people with TSC.
Leaving a gift in your will can make a lasting difference to people affected by Tuberous Sclerosis.