To mark this milestone our goal is to raise $40,000 to help ensure TSA will be around for the next 40 years.
If 40 of our TSC supporters take part in this challenge and raise $1,000 each we can easily reach our $40,000 goal.
Can you help TSA raise $40kfor40years?
Here are some simple and (COVID safe) ideas for how you can get involved:
- Give a donation of $40 to celebrate TSA’s 40 years of service and ask 40 of your family and friends to match it
- For your birthday this year ask your family and friends to donate $40 to TSA in lieu of giving you a birthday present
- Set up a fundraising page and inspire people to donate/sponsor you to a physical challenge like:
- Running, walking or cycling 40 kms in 40 days
- Swimming 40 laps every day for 40 days
- Doing 40 star jumps or burpees for 40 days
- Giving up sugar/alcohol/social media for 40 days
- Doing a fun run/marathon/triathlon and asking people to donate $40 to support you
I want to get involved in TSA's $40kfor40years fundraiserWe're excited to have you join TSA's 40th-anniversary activities. We'll be in touch soon!
Donate now to celebrate TSA's 40th anniversary
$50 allows us to answer a single support or information request
Our TSC Information Service provides free advice to those affected by TSC. One call from a family about the importance of early diagnosis and intervention treatments and how to access them can change their child’s life.
$100 allows an individual with TSC or their carer to attend an information event
Our virtual and face to face events provide an opportunity for people affected by TSC to learn more about the disease and meet other people living with TSC. These connections can be life-changing and can help to reduce the sense of isolation.
$250 allows us to update one of our medical information pages
Our medical information pages are the only source of accurate TSC information tailored to the needs of TSC patients and their families in Australia. The significant achievements of TSC research mean that these information pages require regular revision.
Your donation today will help us continue to provide our trusted information and support services for free to everyone affected by TSC by:
- Maintaining this website, the only online source of accurate and up to date TSC information in Australia
- Publishing and printing our magazine Reach Out twice a year
- Providing a TSC Nurse service offering telehealth phone and email support
- Organising and hosting educational events online for everyone in Australia
- Advocating for improved services and treatment for families affected by TSC
- Ensuring TSC affected individuals have access to all the latest global research and advancements in TSC.
Our donors have enabled TSA to champion many life-changing projects in Australia including:
- Publishing a picture book to help children understand TSC
- Funding an Australian clinical trial into a new medicine for TSC skin tumours (angiofibromas)
- Creating New Diagnosis Parachute Packs for families receiving a new diagnosis of TSC
- Development of a SEALS Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory, the first laboratory in Australia to offer genetic testing for TSC
- Launching the In Safe Hands Education Resources to help teachers and educators understand how TSC may affect how a child learns.
- mTOR inhibitor medicines for TSC added to the PBS (Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).TSA led the consumer advocacy project to help decision makers understand the impact this medicine can have on those living with TSC.
To find out more about how your donations make a difference, click here to read our latest annual report.
The vast majority of your contributions go directly to providing these important services and research. Much of our work is done by volunteers, working in their homes. This keeps our costs low, and ensures your money goes directly to support people living with TSC. Your support, however big or small, is greatly appreciated.